Wednesday, November 9, 2011

So many ideas, so little motivation

Yeah, yeah...I know. It's been 6 months since the last post.


I have so many blog ideas running around in my head I can hardly sleep at night. How silly is that? I don't even blog, but I'm stressed about whether or not my next post will be as funny as one of Jon Acuff's. How silly is THAT? Anyway, this afternoon I had to take a nap before church and I couldn't sleep because I was stressing out about forgetting all of my funny, heartwarming, depressing, inspirational, and informative story ideas... and then I got worried about my stress. I had to take it to the Lord. Does God really want me to be spending my "extra time" writing stories on the internet that nobody will read (except for you, Desi.)...Why do I even want to write down my thoughts? Honestly, it's because I want attention.I'm not even going to try to justify it. It feels awesome when a person leaves a comment on something you've written. It's great to know that someone took the time to read something you wrote. And here's another confession: I can hardly resist the desire to embellish upon every single story I plan to write. I like to amp things up a bit. Make the story a little juicier or more intriguing than it actually was. Basically, lie.  I will resist, unless I decide to place a disclaimer at the beginning of a post. During my time of  'Takin' it to the Lord', I realized that I was being sinful. Wasting time fussing over something as silly as a post on the internet, letting it consume my thoughts to the point of no sleep. Hoping people will think I'm funny, or like me, or that my future husband will find me because of my witty and charming...wait a minute...I'm being ridiculous again. I'm sorry. I confess. I repent. Change me. Thank You.


I don't have the brain power at the moment to actually write a post, but I'll leave you with some things to look forward to:

~Walking Miss K

~Things I've learned at work

~Why I can't listen to Third Eye Blind anymore

~A series of cooking adventures...with pictures!

~Little Coffee Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment